Journals for Community Service-Learning, Community Engagement, and Experiential Education
The Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning (MJCSL) is a U.S. based peer-reviewed journal consisting of articles written by faculty and service-learning educators on research, theory, pedagogy, and issues pertinent to the service-learning community. Journal of Experiential Education (JEE) is a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal presenting a diverse range of articles in subject areas such as outdoor adventure programming, service learning, environmental education, therapeutic applications, research and theory, the creative arts, and much more.
The Generator: A Journal of Service-Learning and Youth (US) is published three times a year by the National Youth Leadership Council.
International Journal of Service-Learning in Engineering (US) welcomes manuscripts based on the original work of students, faculty and researchers with a specific focus on projects, programs, research and pedagogy that involve humanitarian engineering, social entrepreneurship, and service learning in engineering.
- Association for Experiential Education
- Journal of Service Learning and Youth Leadership
- National Society for Experiential Education Quarterly
- Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning (MJCSL)– This national, peer-reviewed journal consists of articles written by faculty and service-learning educators on research, theory, pedagogy and other issues pertinent to the service-learning community.
- Compact Current– Highlights the best writing on civic education and service-learning from sources around the country. Published in the fall, winter, and spring.
- Journal of Experiential Education (JEE)– Published by the Association of Experiential Education (AEE), this is a professional, peer-reviewed journal that publishes a diverse range of articles in subject area including service-learning.
- Community Works Journal
- Journal for Civic Commitment