Community Engagement Organizations And Resources
International Association For Research On Service-Learning And Community Engagement (IARSLCE)
- Promotes research and discussion about service-learning and community engagement.
- Promotes the development and dissemination of research on service-learning and community engagement internationally and across all levels of the education system.
- In order to advance the fields of service-learning and community engagement research across the educational spectrum (primary, secondary, post-secondary, and further education).
Community-Campus Partnerships For Health (CCPH)
- Promotes health (broadly defined) through partnerships between communities and higher educational institutions.
- Over 1,800 communities and campuses across North America and the world that are collaborating to promote health through service-learning, community-based participatory research, broad-based coalitions and other partnership strategies.
Service-Learning Resources at CCPH
Learn And Serve America
- Supports and encourages service-learning throughout the United States through grants, training and technical assistance, collection and dissemination of knowledge and research, and recognition of outstanding youth service.
National Service-Learning Clearinghouse (United States)
Website with timely information and relevant resources to support service-learning programs, practitioners, and researchers.
Key CSL Resources and Publications:
- Faculty Toolkit for Service-Learning in Higher Education (Starter Kit)
- Service-Learning in Community-Based Organizations Toolkit
Campus Compact (United States)
Campus Compact is a national coalition of nearly 1,200 college and university presidents in the United States — representing some 6 million students — dedicated to promoting community service, civic engagement, and service-learning in higher education.
Key CSL Resources and Publications:
- Introduction to Service-Learning Toolkit
- Strategies for Creating an Engaged Campus
- The Engaged Department Toolkit
- Fundamentals of Service-Learning Course Construction
- Assessing Service-Learning and Civic Engagement: Principles and Techniques
- Civic Engagement Across the Curriculum: A Resource Book for Service-Learning Faculty in All Disciplines
- Students as Colleagues: Expanding the Circle of Service-Learning Leadership
- Listing of all Service-Learning Resources
American Association for Higher Education & Accreditation – Service-Learning in the Disciplines
Frequently cited monograph series on service-learning in the academic disciplines. National membership organization dedicated to improving the quality of higher education in America. Its members include higher education faculty, administration and students, as well as foundation leaders and policymakers the government, media and business sectors. The set of eighteen monographs, each focusing on why and how service-learning within a particular discipline.
Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning
Since 1994, the Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning (MJCSL) has been the premiere peer-reviewed journal publishing articles written by faculty and service-learning educators on research, theory, pedagogy, and other issues related to academic (curriculum-based) service-learning in higher education. To keep up with the expansion in the civic engagement field, beginning with volume 15 the MJCSL will expand its purview to include articles focused on:
- University-community partnerships
- Engaged/public scholarship (work which involves and benefits a community AND advances a faculty member’s scholarship or creative work)
- Academic (curriculum-based) service-learning.