The ACSRC is proud to announce that registration is open for the Rural Alberta Innovation and Learning Commons 2015!
The ACSRC and the Battle River Alliance for Economic Development (BRAED) (Killam, AB), are hosting a three-day educational commons focused on rural economic and community development. The RAIL Commons will provide baseline and in-depth information that will create a strong foundation for understanding and knowledge surrounding rural community and economic development strategies, realities, best practices and challenges, and subject matter surrounding the well-being of rural as a whole.
Concentrating on subject matter such as rural policy and governance, social policy and services, tapping into natural resources, investment attraction, business succession strategies, infrastructure, transportation and logistics, youth retention and recruitment, and more, this learning commons will offer a variety of opportunities to increase the knowledge capacity of municipal officials, professionals and students in Alberta.
The Rural Alberta Innovation and Learning Commons (RAIL) will be hosted from October 2 -4, 2015 at University of Alberta, Augustana Campus in Camrose, Alberta. For more information about the RAIL Commons please visit www.rail-commons.ca
- Increase community and economic development knowledge capacity;
- Improved collaboration amongst rural communities;
- Providing a forum for networking and sharing between rural communities in Alberta;
- Provide an avenue for training and professional development that is a minimal time and cost commitment; and,
- Provide this forum to build a business case for the need for further rural economic and community development education opportunities.
Please share this information with anyone who may be interested in attending the RAIL Commons.